Each opera is performed in Brooklyn, double cast and rehearsed off-book 6-10PM.
Die Fledermaus, May 19/20 at 8PM and 21 at 3PM
Rehearsal Dates: Tues-Sun, May 2-14; Tues-Wed, May 16-17
The Barber of the Seville, June 16/17 at 8PM and 18 at 3PM
Rehearsal Dates: Tues-Sun, May 23-28 & June 6-11; Tues-Wed, June 13-14
La voix humaine, July 7/8 at 8PM and 9 at 3PM
Rehearsal Dates: Tues-Sun, June 20-25, June 27-July 2; Wed, July 5
Gianni Schicchi, August 18/19 at 8PM and 20 at 3PM
Rehearsal Dates: Tues-Sun, Aug 1-6, Aug 8-13; Tues-Wed, Aug 15/16
Le nozze di Figaro, September 8/9 at 8PM and 10 at 3PM
Rehearsal Dates: Tues-Sun, Aug 22-27; Tues-Thurs, Aug 29-31; Tues-Wed, Sep 5/6
Bluebeard’s Castle, October 6/7 at 8PM and 8 at 3PM
Rehearsal Dates: Tues-Sun, Sep 12-17; Fri-Sun Sep 22-24; Tues-Fri Sep 26-29; Sun Oct 1; Tues-Wed, Oct 3/4
All artists must audition/meet for our 2017 general auditions.
- Please click here to apply.
- Email your resume and headshots to email@example.com
- All communications and transactions are conducted through our automatic forms and email.
- At the time of application and to secure an audition, prospective performers email their headshot and 100-word biography at the time of application.
No refunds, exchanges or changes of dates/times.
- Please click here to make sure bios are less than 100-words.
- Performers cast are considered for upcoming performances, if suitable.
- Working in tandem with your teacher and coaches, we may refer artists to individuals who may help further your talent and career.
- Artists who perform successfully will be eligible to receive a glowing letter of recommendation from the Opera Company of Brooklyn, who is closely affiliated with the most powerful decision-makers in opera.
Please send videos, pics and reviews of your work, and any other
listed requirements, along with your availability to meet
with/audition for Maestro Meetze. Additional requirements for live
auditions, if any:
Designers/Directors/Dancers/ Stage Managers: NONE
- Singers/Instrumentalists: Perform any selection you wish; sight read a selection provided and conducted by Maestro Meetze.
- Coaches: Sing, speak and translate score as requested; perform any selection you wish at the piano; sight read a selection provided and conducted by Maestro Meetze.
- Conductors: Conduct any selection you wish, conduct any selection at sight we provide, play any selection you wish on your primary instrument; sing, speak and translate score as requested; sight read a selection on your primary instrument with Maestro Meetze conducting.
- Shows are free educational opportunities for artists – no-pay/no-fee.
- Directions: http://goo.gl/JWxok7
Many thanks to all those who help suggest great artists:
Martina Arroyo, Ana De Archuletta, Richard Barrett, Joan Caplan, Stephen De Maio, Mignon Dunn, Jim Harwood, William Hicks, Robert Lombardo, Trish McCaffrey, John Miller, Aprile Millo, Nils Neubert, Mark Oswald, Thomas Pasatieri, Maitland Peters, Lenore Rosenberg, Sadie Rucker, Mark Schnaible, Greg Trupiano, Bernard Uzan, Francesca Zambello
Audition Dates for 2018 Season
NYC – October 10-29
SAN FRANCISCO – November 1-6
LOS ANGELES – November 9-12
SAN DIEGO – November 14-19
LAS VEGAS – December 5-10
PHOENIX – December 12-17